Beta 8.10 released

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Oct 10 00:19:27 UTC 2008

Emanoil Kotsev wrote:

> Indeed "having such a hard time in this discussion" and being the "guinea
> pig" which is your asumption but not the way how I feel is because I know
> why I'm doing it.

I don't "assume" that, I'm just trying to point out that it's quite easy to
keep with a working environmnent and only experiment with the parts you
want to.  If you don't want to use KDE4, there's no need to.

> The thing that I still think you didn't understand is that at the time of
> the next major distro shift k/ubuntu should write or say things somehow
> people can understand them easyly.

Yes...  That, unfortunately, is typical for all of Linux.  Programmers have
a bad habit of not being very good at interpersonal communication in the
first place, and finding communicators who are interested in KDE isn't
easy.

> I didn't read anywhere on the k/ubuntu web site that LST is only ubuntu
> related.

It's there somewhere - I haven't looked for a good while, but it was hotly
debated when the Ubuntu LTS was announced, and the Kubuntu team didn't feel
they could properly support an LTS release.

> I hope you understand me as well as I understand you

I think so, now.

> and again I really appreciate this discussion

I too.
--
derek