Beta 8.10 released

Steve C. Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Mon Oct 6 16:53:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 07:36:46PM +0300, Willy K. Hamra wrote:
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuIntrepidVersion, "KDE 3 is obsolete and
> largely unmaintained. Keeping with KDE 3 would offer no advantage over
> giving users Hardy." .

    Largely obsolete and largely unmaintained yet it still is far more stable
than KDE4 with more features.  Obsolete and unmaintained doesn't mean it is
falling apart.  Software doesn't break just because it is old.  Some pieces of
software in Debian are "largely obsolete and largely unmaintained" for going
on a decade and still works just fine.

> what is it exactly that you're still complaining about?

    Where am I complaining?  In case you missed it I stated up front that I am
using 4.1.1 more than anything else right now.

       PGP Key: 1FC01004       | main connection to the switchboard of souls.