Compiz Fusion help needed.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 30 19:32:03 UTC 2008

About a month ago, I installed Compiz to take advantage of the cube and
multiple desktops.  It made it easier to keep track of several things
happening at the same time.  Nonetheless, it did not work as
advertised.  It works pretty well, but I am only able to get 2 desktops
on my computer.  I would prefer 4.  I set it up so that I could use the
wheel on the mouse to move from desktop to desktop.

When I attempt to change to 4 desktops, I click apple and even re-boot
to set the changes, however they never take.  It always returns to two
desktops on my Kmenu links bar (the one that drops down, when I put my
cursor in the upper left corner of the Desktop screen).  And, in System
Settings where I set the choice, it returns to one desktop each time.  A
little confusing, I realize, with one only in Systems Settings, and two
on the Desktop, while 4 requested.  Has anyone experienced and fixed
this unusual situation?

Thanks in Advance,

Steven