Package Managers

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Wed Nov 19 17:12:10 UTC 2008

Don wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 November 2008 16:49:04 Charly Avital wrote:
>
>> > Synaptic Package Manager indicates that Firefox 3.0.4 is installed.
>> > There is no mention of Firefox 2.0.0.14.
>>
> Are you sure it's 'Synaptic'? If so, there's a good chance you are using
> Ubuntu, not Kubuntu.

So as not to hijack another thread.

Something has been bothering me since I started playing around with
8.10/4.x.

Why have they hosed Adept. It's about as worthless as .........well, you
know what on a road grader. Sort of reminds me of Stupid Package Manager
in SuSE [ sorry, that should be Smart - which it isn't ]

Thank goodness whoever decided what packages to install as default they
included Synaptic. At least its still usable.