Package Managers

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Wed Nov 19 18:03:31 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Package Managers
From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net>
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: 11/19/2008 10:12 AM
> Why have they hosed Adept. It's about as worthless as .........

I don't usually complain about the new vs. the old because in nature
anything that stands still gets eaten. However some evolutionary
branches are due for pruning. Adept on KDE 3 was usable. And while I
respect the time and effort that went into it, the new one is totally
worthless. Even command line apt is better. I hope that the devs send
KDE4-Adept back to the gene pool to evolve into a cool tool and let
natural selection put and end to the mutant that it is now.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.