EMERGENCY!

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 14 01:39:43 UTC 2008

Ignazio Palmisano wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> 2008/11/14 Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>:
>>
>>> In the motherboard User Guide, it shows a place next to the PCI slot for
>>> a fan, however on the board those pins are identified as CD.  There are
>>> two other places where there are pins for fans, they are identified as
>>> 'pwr_fan and cha_fan They are flush with eachother and each has only 3
>>> pins.  The Heat Sink connector has places for 4 pins.  If I were to try
>>> to plug to the pwr_fan, I would have to leave the empty pin on the left
>>> in open space, because if I put it on the right it would occupy one of
>>> the pins of cha_fan. If I tried to plug to the cha_fan pins, there is
>>> not enough room to the right of the pins to have overhang, and to the
>>> left it would occupy one of the pwr_fan pins.  I hope that wasn't too
>>> confusing.
>>>
>>> I am concerned about plugging to the pins marked CD, even though they
>>> are 4 pin, because I don't know what damage I could do, if they weren't
>>> fan pins.  Other than those, if there are any other fan pins on the
>>> motherboard, I am too bleary-eyed to see them.  I am being so careful,
>>> it is giving me a headache.  Thanks! for the help!

>> Please provide a link to the user manual of your motherboard.

I have been working from the original that came with the motherboard.
ASUS M3N-HT Delux Series page 2-32 says it is a CHA_FAN2.  It shows only
3 pins on the manual, but it has 4 pins on the board and says CD.  If
CD's use 4 pins, they probably made a change in the manual and didn't
change the literature.