Alternative KDE packages?

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Sun Nov 2 05:09:55 UTC 2008

Hi there.
Hopefully you guys can answer my question positively.
I wonder if there are any alternative KDE 4.1.x packages available. The Ubuntu
installation on the PC I use at work was updated to Intrepid on Friday and
while I was pleased to see KDE 4.1 (I use it at home for months), I was
shocked about the incredibly bad state of the German localization in Kubuntu:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19616885@N00/2991047111/sizes/o/

For comparison, openSUSE:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19616885@N00/2991042741/sizes/o/in/photostream/

I googled a bit, but I couldn't find alternative packages, except the official
source codes to compile by myself. Are there any?

Thanks in advance,
 Markus