KMenu on the left instead of the right in KDE4?

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 15 13:54:16 UTC 2008

Steve Lamb wrote:
>      Ok.  I figured out that there are two KMenus in KDE4.  The really crappy
> Vista wannabe menu and the old-style, highly useful menu.  I removed the
> crappy one and went to add the good one only to have it appear on the far
> left.  Try as I might I cannot find a way to get the thing to move on the bar
> nor any way to add anything in any position other than the far left.  Any clues?

That is a problem that has been  in KDE4 since it came out, don't know
if they will fix it in  4.1 coming out around July 08.
I would not try to change anything on that tool bar until they do.
Put all your Widgets on the desktop for now.
I wonder if anyone has submitted a Bug report on that ?
I'm not even going to deal with FC9 until around August.