testing Compiz

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu May 15 10:06:35 UTC 2008

OK so decided to try Compiz now that I am on 8.04. It works "reasonably"
well with some exceptions:
1. It messes with the Kicker bar on startup/login, I have to adjust
height manually. There is a "kicker-compiz" and "kicker-taskbar-compiz"
in the repos but they do not get installed by default with kde-kicker.
Anyone knows what they do and if it would help to install them?

2. If it is on at the time of login things go a bit haywire - window
borders disappear eg. If I enable it after login and remember to disable
on logout all works well - except kicker problem above.

Have not tried all stuff but when it works it looks really nice just
with the Windows effects and such.

Sinclair