konversation keeps getting owned

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Sat Mar 29 20:48:36 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008, Gene Heskett wrote:
[...]
| I was there Thursday, and while there were 400 bots logged in, apparently
| no humans, so after 10 minutes of having my question ignored, I left.

#kubuntu has 1 bot, ubotu. #ubuntu has a couple of flood protection bots and
then ubotu. Typically support for Ubuntu is easier as their channel is usually
a lot more busy than #kubuntu. Not everybody lives on IRC and at times IRC may
not even be the best support option, that is why we provide Ubuntu Forums,
Kubuntu Forums, a developers wiki, a community documentation wiki. LP Answer
Tracker as well as this mailing list. If you ask a question and nobody answers
it, it isn't being ignored. It could simply mean 1 of 2 things. Either nobody
is around/active during the time you were in there or the people who were in
there didn't know the answer to your question. Just like every other form of
support in the world, patience goes a long way.

| If they are gonna do support on IRC, there really should be someone
| available.

Remember, everyone on IRC is there during their free time, none of us are
getting paid anything to sit in an IRC channel and field questions. A majority
of the people in these IRC channels have lives, with the exception of me
obviously. Like I said previously, patience goes a long way when it comes to
getting support no matter the operating system, software, hardware, or whatever
it is you are seeking the support for.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org