konversation keeps getting owned

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 20:01:13 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton said the following at 03/29/2008 06:39 AM :

> LOL.  I'm perplexed by what appears to me to be a resurgence of IRC for
> support - essentially, ever since I started using Ubuntu, where the devs
> use IRC a lot, I've been finding more and more software projects using IRC.
> I hate it - I can't stand the interleaving of discussion.  Unlike

At least it's better than web fora.

At least, I assume it is. Since kopete won't let me log in to freenode
(mentioned on a thread here a while ago), I haven't been bothered to try a
different client, so I don't actually have first-hand knowledge of IRC
since sometime in the mid 80s.

I can't think of a single advantage of a web forum over an e-mail reflector
like this one. And I can think of several disadvantages. I hate the things.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

  Doc