konversation keeps getting owned

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Mar 29 12:39:07 UTC 2008

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:

> On Friday 28 March 2008, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Is there another IRC client available that perhaps is a bit more secure
>> than konversation?
>
> There's a million of them.  Most of them old school.
>
> apt-cache search irc|grep client
>
> Pick something.  If it sucks, pick something else.  I think I used to use
> BitchX before I remembered how much I despise IRC and all other forms of
> live chat.

LOL.  I'm perplexed by what appears to me to be a resurgence of IRC for
support - essentially, ever since I started using Ubuntu, where the devs
use IRC a lot, I've been finding more and more software projects using IRC.
I hate it - I can't stand the interleaving of discussion.  Unlike
newsgroups, which are like a private discussion (with a million people
eavesdropping, and occasionally butting in), it's like trying to hold a
conversation in a room full of people shouting at the top of their lungs.
Ugh.
--
derek