e-sata question

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 06:50:04 UTC 2008

On Sunday, 23 March 2008 20:02:57 Constantinos Maltezos wrote:
> Also, e-sata support is based on the card or chipset.  To see if yours is
> supported, check out this page:
>
> http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html

My m/b manual is in a box in the garage (we moved home recently) and I cannot
get to it. Is there a way I can find the 'chipset' from the cli, or do I have
to go into BIOS and look around?

BTW, I did a [modprobe ahci] - no errors, but no apparent new devices either.
/var/log/messages and dmesg do not show anything happened. /dev does not seem
to have anything new and /media certainly has nothing.

I still have not had a chance to reboot... so it could be some dumb setting in
the BIOS too.

\d