change resoloution

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Tue Mar 18 18:41:45 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 18 March 2008 14:09, David Fletcher wrote:
> At 12:41 18/03/2008, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >How can I change my resoloution, if
> >         STRG-SHIFT-+,- (I have a laptop and numlock isn't working at all)
> >         KDE Control Center
> >don't work?
> >
> >Is there any command I can run manually?
> >
> >I recently ran a game in wine and it changed my resoloution but I couldn't
> >get it back afterwards :-(
> >
> >Jan
>
> Is it this you need?
>
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure xorg.conf
>
> I think it was this one I used after setting up a computer for a
> friend at home, using my 4/3 monitor, then had to re configure it for
> a wide screen.
>
> Dave

Not sure about (K)Ubuntu, but under Suze (uses Sax2 to configure) I have many
screen resolutions and I can switch with "ctrl-alt +" between them.
I hope I will attain a "mastery" of Kubuntu that would rival.

Greetings		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #102: Power company testing new voltage spike (creation) equipment