Netiquette

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Wed Jun 25 19:12:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, June 25, 2008 11:07 am, Michael Leone wrote:
> I see people on mailing lists (only Linux-related mailing lists, BTW)
> say those disclaimers are invalid, etc, because it's a mailing list.

    Nope.  Generally we point out they are meaningless because they are not
legally binding.  They're written in legalese, they make some people
feel warm and fuzzy because they appear all legalese and threatening but
to my knowledge they are completely, utterly invalid and have never been
tested in any court.

--
Steve Lamb