Linux drivers ACER Travelmate 2310 laptop.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:21:36 UTC 2008

Hello again

Today, I finally managed to install Kubuntu 7.10 at my laptop: an ACER
Travelmate 2310. When booting and accessing the laptop for the first
time after installation (and after fixing the password problem), I saw a
message on a few drivers necessary for the operation of Kubuntu on this
laptop. There were only drivers available from the manufacturer, I read
-  not open source drivers that can all the time be bettered, security
fixed, etc. One of these 2 drivers that have been mentioned, was a
'modem driver'.
However, I do not manage to get back the exact text of that message;
this complicates my attempts  to properly handle this problem.

When looking at the ACER website and giving in "Travelmate 2310" in the
search window, I can only find Windows XP drivers for some specific
functions of that laptop. Do you have any clue how I could get Linux
equivalents?

I am looking forward to a few answers from you. Thanks in advance.

Bas.

--
Viaconsensus
E.:  BasRoufs at gmail.com