procmail - can it send a notification email? Yes it can [solved]

David Fletcher kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net
Thu Jan 3 22:30:12 UTC 2008

Here's what I have found to work for me:-

:0
* ^To.*wife@
{
 :0 c:
 wife

 :0
 | (sendEmail \
    -f procmail at example.com \
    -t me at example.com \
    -u "Notification" \
    -m "Your wife has new email" \
    -s auth.smtp.example.com \
    -xu userid -xp password)
}

AFAICT the recipe terminates at the first delivery to a mailbox unless the c
flag is used to tell it that it's a copy of the email and we're intending to
do something else further on.

Dave

--

FACT - Millions of people worldwide continue to pay money to the richest
person in the world to use his products, even though perfectly good software

Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763