re re-partition Kubuntu 3-partitions on 40gb

Ray Burke rayburke30 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 19:48:09 UTC 2008

Nils I am in 'K',

The paragon drive copy 8 worked in my xp pro to clone over the old 'k'
to a spare 40gb then I used the live cd Ubuntu with the new clonned copy
and this time the re-partition worked it took about 35mins to do the enlarge
7gb to 18gb and reduce the 28gb to 19gb below  is a copy of $ df -h

rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$ df -h
Filesystem            Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1              18G  7.4G  9.2G  45% /
varrun                474M  168K  474M   1% /var/run
varlock               474M  4.0K  474M   1% /var/lock
udev                  474M   80K  474M   1% /dev
devshm                474M     0  474M   0% /dev/shm
lrm                   474M   38M  437M   8% /lib/modules/2.6.24-16-generic/volatile
/dev/sdb2              19G  6.0G   13G  33% /home
/dev/sda1              75G   38G   37G  51% /media/BKUP MAN
rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$

and as can see it worked so thanks for all you help, and after reading the instructions
I believe that within Kubuntu I can download this gparted and keep a copy within K ??????????????????

ray