Klaptopdaemon / Battery Monitor

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 08:50:00 BST 2008

2008/4/21 Rick Knight <rick_knight at rlknight.com>:
> I'm not sure if I have the right tools here, but on my laptop (Compaq
>  nc8230) I used to get a battery monitor on the task bar. This battery
>  monitor was available with Dapper and Feisty and I think with Dapper's
>  predecessor, but not in Gutsy. Klaptopdaemon is installed and I've also
>  installed kdeutils, but I can't seem to get the battery monitor. Can
>  someone here tell me what to do to get the battery monitor back?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Rick

Hi

I don't think this has to do Klaptopdaemon or kde-guidance-powermanager.
I would check that acpid is running and working and that the right drivers
is loaded. Try to search the log files for something related to acpi.
Make sure that acpi is activated in BIOS and not disabled in GRUB.
What modules do you have loaded? Do you have battery module?
What entries do you have in /proc/acpi speciall /proc/acpi/battery/

/ Jonas