compiz - why?

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Wed Apr 23 17:24:19 UTC 2008

OK, so I tried compiz and all [well, most of] the options. But why do folks want to use
it? After the first ten minutes, it gets boring; not just boring but even distracting.
If I'm doing some serious work, which I do from time to time, I don't want 'wobbly
windows' or a revolving cube (with only 4 desktops - I need at least 10!).
The only stuff that is actually practical is the translucency effects, well perhaps a few
others also.

Is it just me? I don't mean to discredit the devs - it's great to impress Windows users -
but what else is it good for?

Blessings,

Nigel

--