KDE4 or stay with KDE3

p.daniels teeahr1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 22:20:03 UTC 2008

On Monday 21 April 2008 13:31:45 Richard wrote:
> just asking the group, should I stay with KDE3, or move on to the KDE4...
> 8.04
>
> Still heard some bugs in KDE4 about crashing...on the RC release.
>
> Thanks !!
>
> Richard

I've been running KDE4 full-time since late February. I don't have any
crashing bugs, but I do have bugs, and I do have missing functionality. To
me, it's worth it to feel like I'm a part of the creation process, I'm
helping build the future of the free desktop. I want bugs and unfinished
functionality and general havok, because I want to be the one to report them
and help get us to the future.

That said, the functionality that's there now has stabilized a lot in the last
month. It's little stuff now for the most part. I have to go out of my way to
break it now.

Try it! It's not like KDE3 is going away, it'll be there if you want to go
back.

-pete