Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Andrew Burgess ap_burgess at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 18 21:34:56 BST 2007

> bcm43xx: Error: Microcode "bcm43xx_microcode5.fw" not available or load
> failed.
>
> Anyone have any idea what this means?!?! I get this when trying to boot
> from
> a live CD, right at the end of the booting process (I assume). Would it
> work
> if I just used an alternate CD and actually installed it?

I don't know this error but the first thing I would do is to check the
MD5 checksum after downloading and also make the CD burner check that
it burned the CD the right way (check CD for errors).

What kind of computer are you using? memory, etc?

Perhaps someone else here knows more about this error.

I checked the MD5 checksum of the ISO file, burnt a new CD, and checked the
CD for errors; the checksum was fine and the CD had no errors, but I still
got the error when trying to boot. I'm going to google it tonight, but if
anyone else has any idea what to do, I'd be really grateful . . .

Andrew