Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Maynard Wright m-wright at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 18 19:37:12 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 10:54, Knapp wrote:
> > I. personally,  haven't used Windows at all for about six years.
> >
> > Neil Winchurst
>
> I have not used it for years ether. Fun to get to say that at last!
> Douglas

In 1966, I used a Bendix G-15, IIRC, with a rotating drum memory and lots of
tubes (12AT7s, I think) to design an antenna system.  Since I was mostly a
slide rule guy at the time, I got a lot of help from a friend who was pretty
good at assembly code.

I ventured into DOS (and UNIX) after CP/M but, except to help friends, I
haven't used Windows for years.  My last use of Windows for an employer was
W98SE.  I confess to having a really old laptop  (floppies only) with 95 on
it, but it's not in use and I suppose I ought to figure out how to put Linux
on it one of these days.

I'm sticking with Dapper LTS for the time being because I want to have a
stable OS that I don't have to "tune" as I have other things that I need to do
with the computer.  I suspect that there are quite a few like me, who really
don't want to fiddle with their OS (for the time being), but who like various
aspects of Linux and, consequently, haven't used Windows for awhile.

Maynard