Installing/Running a Win98SE accounting app in Wine

john d. herron paradox.herron at bluewin.ch
Tue Sep 18 06:28:47 UTC 2007

For many years I've used a simple but efficient double-entry Windoze
accounting program called Banana.
It is said (by users who've tried) to run well on top of Wine.
Have a working version of it in a dedicated folder on /hda1 (Win98SE)
and an installable version on an original CD.
To try it out in my current Kubuntu 7.04 environment I've installed wine
0.9.83 via adept.
However, haven't found any (to me) understandable instructions on how to
use it. KDE app menus show the following options:
Wine file, Wine help browser + Wine notepad (in Utilities); Wine
configuration + Wine RegEdit (in Settings); and (but that's not what I
seem to be needing right now...) Wine Software Uninstaller (in System).
I'm rather confused on what to do to try and get this Banana application
running in Wine. Can anyone help?
Any newbie-speak suggestions will be thankfully appreciated.
jdh
kubuntu 7.04 on i586 w/ 512 MB