Problems with a live CD

Andrew Burgess ap_burgess at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 17 00:56:48 UTC 2007

I'm really new to Kubuntu, and actually Linux; I've never used it before. Recently I've wanted to give it a try and heard that Kubuntu was a good flavour (is that what you call it?) to start with. I burnt myself a live CD and tried to boot from it, but I got the following error message:

BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-3ubuntu3) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built in commands
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(initramfs)

Can anyone tell me what this means and what to do to fix it? It was suggested to me that it might be a hardware compatibility issue; if you need any of that kind of info, just let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew