netgear wi-fi

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at
Sun Sep 16 16:56:16 BST 2007

If your having connectivity problems, low signal strength etc, and have
a Linksys router, and possibly others, go to and check
out their router software upgrades.

We use it with our Linksys routers and LOVE it. We usually run our
routers at about 125mW where factory standard is about 60mW output. It's
possible to jack them up to 250mW but don't recommend it for long term
use. Could blow out the finals

Another thing that can cause problems is a cordless phone, or any other
wireless stuff that uses the 2.4GHz band. We moved up to 5.8GHz cordless
phones and stopped a lot of problems. If you live in an apartment
complex, or close packed housing addition, your neighbors networks can
cause loads of problems. Try moving to another channel. BUT, channels
are VERY limited so................. In some instances about the only
other choice is to convert your house into a Faraday Cage.

Billie Walsh
Pass them on!