Graphics cards

David Fletcher kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net
Wed Sep 12 21:59:34 UTC 2007

I'm intending to rebuild the PC in the fairly near future. I don't need a
powerful graphics card, I want it fanless, and I want it to be PCI Express
x16.

Sorry to have to ask here, but has anybody used either of these yet?

Sapphire HD 2400 Pro 256MB VGA DVI TVO PCI-E Graphics Card
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=128951
GPU - ATI 2400Pro

Asus EN6200LE 64MB Turbocache supporting 256MB DDR DVI PCI-E Graphics Card
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=116473
NVIDIA GeForce 6200LE GPU

There is an ebuyer customer feedback on the Nvidia card, stating that it works
with Suse 10.2.

The report here http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=828&num=4
suggests that the ATI chip is supported by a Linux driver.

I have to say that since the announcements about AMD supporting the Open
Source community with drivers for ATI chips, I would prefer to buy an ATI
based card again.

Can anybody comment please?

Thanks,

Dave Fletcher