[kubuntu-users] kde4 beta2

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Tue Sep 11 04:30:29 UTC 2007

I can say that I seem to be in a similar situation. I just upgraded to gutsy
and followed the instructions on kubuntu. When I log into the KDE 4 session,
I get:

- runner
- plasma developer toolbox
- where kicker is/supposed to be I get two widgets that say: This object could
not be created

I was under the impression that a number of additional plasma applets were
included/available with the beta (judging from articles from the dot and
such). As it is, there isn't a lot that I can do within a kde 4 session atm?
Even exiting the session I resorted to CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE :O.

Will the kubuntu kde4 packages get updated periodically or is this it till the
next kde beta?

I'm not familiar with kdebase-workspace, what is it supposed to include that
isn't in any of the 'standard' kde packages (libs, pimlibs, base...)? I sort
of assumed that it would include goodies that haven't made it into the kde
trunk yet.

thanks

-- chris