[kubuntu-users] kde4 beta2

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 7 10:12:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 05:15:39AM -0400, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade a kde4 beta1 install to beta2.  I have backports
> enabled.  According to the announcement I should install kde-workspace, but
> no such package appears in Adept.  Moreover, the only kde4 packages that are
> marked as version 3.93 are kde-base, kde-base-data and kde-base-dev, which
> should be upgraded.  All other kde4 packages, including those that are
> installed as well as those that are not, are marked as version 3.92, which, I
> thought, was beta1.

Unfortunately the backports build servers are being slow as usual.

Keep an eye on this page for kdebase-workspace being done in the next
hour or two
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/3.93.0-0ubuntu2~feisty2

that will give you a functional kde 4 desktop.

after that all the other modules will start compiling, which will take
until tomorrow at least.

Jonathan