Virtual Machine Vs Separate Partition

Phil Pinkerton pcpinkerton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 18:49:07 UTC 2007

Why not do both and do some benchmarks ?

I use VMware on Linux and run Windows98 and XP there.

My other partition has Vista (OEM) but I need to dual boot to that OS,
Virtual is better as I can run my Windows98 legacy game in a window and do
my Qcad work on Linux in another.

Just a thought

On 10/26/07, Scott <slewin at bmts.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I want to experiment with other Linux distributions and with other
> OS's
> (BSD, etc.).  Also, I would like to be able to test new versions of
> Kubuntu before using them on both my computers.  I have herd some
> discussion on the Ubuntu sites about Virtual Machines, which I have
> never used, and that haves sparked some interest in me.  I am even
> thinking about testing out using Win XP in a Virtual Machine instead of
> Dual Boot if that is possible.
>
>         For the testing, would it be better for me to cut my hard drive up
> more
> (I have 5 partitions already) and throw the tests in the new partition
> or would a virtual machine be easier?
>
>         I'm using a Inspiron 1501 laptop which haves a AMD 64 Athlon X2
> running
> at a total of 1.6Ghz and with 1GB of RAM.
>
>         Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and, don't worry, I
> have
> no intentions of Leaving Kubuntu :).  I have tried Debian, PCLinux OS,
> and even a 6 month trip into Ubuntu, but I have always came back to the
> Kubuntu :).
>
> --
> Your friend,
> Scott
>
> Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 7.10

Why not do both and do some benchmarks ?

I use VMware on Linux and run Windows98 and XP there.

My other partition has Vista (OEM) but I need to dual boot to that OS,
Virtual is better as I can run my Windows98 legacy game in a window and do
my Qcad work on Linux in another.

Just a thought
--
" The fundamental principle here is that the justification for a physical
concept lies exclusively in its clear an unambiguous relation to the facts