Virtual Machine Vs Separate Partition

Scott slewin at bmts.com
Fri Oct 26 18:40:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

	I want to experiment with other Linux distributions and with other OS's
(BSD, etc.).  Also, I would like to be able to test new versions of
Kubuntu before using them on both my computers.  I have herd some
discussion on the Ubuntu sites about Virtual Machines, which I have
never used, and that haves sparked some interest in me.  I am even
thinking about testing out using Win XP in a Virtual Machine instead of
Dual Boot if that is possible.

	For the testing, would it be better for me to cut my hard drive up more
(I have 5 partitions already) and throw the tests in the new partition
or would a virtual machine be easier?

	I'm using a Inspiron 1501 laptop which haves a AMD 64 Athlon X2 running
at a total of 1.6Ghz and with 1GB of RAM.

	Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and, don't worry, I have
no intentions of Leaving Kubuntu :).  I have tried Debian, PCLinux OS,
and even a 6 month trip into Ubuntu, but I have always came back to the
Kubuntu :).

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 7.10