Puzzling VT resolution

Yogich7230 yogich7230 at sc2000.net
Tue Oct 23 17:30:29 UTC 2007

I have installed Gutsy on a couple different partitions on my Dell Inspiron
1100, and in both cases the installation seems to activate the frame buffer
and I am looking at a not-quite-full screen installation dialog.

Once the system is installed, the KDE desktop comes up on 1024x768 as it
should,  and my VT is down to 640x480.  I have tried various kernel
parameters --i.e., vga=791 (errors out); vesa=0x317 (no change); vesa=0x324
(errors out)-- vga=771 is SUPPOSED to be 800x600 but, though not erroring
out, is being ignored.

My hdwe is as follows:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE
Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 03)

Anyone with this same hdwe find a solution?

Thanks...
--
	...Yogich
BlackBerry has not heard about 'bottom posting'.