Only getting low resolution with new monitor in feisty

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:02:56 UTC 2007

WJ Seidl said the following at 10/12/2007 11:46 AM :
> SNIP
>
> Most LCDs run 1024 X 768, though some of the nice expensive newer ones
> run as high as 1200 X 1600.

Windows is happily running it at 1280x1024, 60Hz. So I know that I should
be able to do at least that much with feisty.

All I had to do in Windows was change the desktop properties and click! all
done :-( X -- or at least X in feisty -- doesn't seem to have any concept
that someone might want to change a monitor after the OS has been
installed. Anyway, I'm sure I can figure it out with the help I've been
given here; it's just that really one shouldn't need to ask or know about
any of this. Maybe gutsy will be better; I do intend to upgrade my wife's
computer to gutsy maybe a week or so after the early adopters have found
the main issues associated with upgrading.