Feeling like a 2nd class citizen

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Thu Nov 29 18:08:10 UTC 2007

Thanks again Derek, Nils and Dotan,
that was wery instructive.

To my question
> > Derek, do you mean a site will format the data differently for different
> > browsers, but if that site is tricked into beliving it is sending to
> > another  browser, the result may be better?

Derek replied:
> Exactly.
(snip)
>  I don't find identifying as IE - any version - terribly useful
> on most sites, because the script then starts trying to do things that no
> sane browser _can_ do.

Nils replied:
> Yes, while I don't always use the same number, I definitely use a
> nonexistant IE version number.

Some slight divergences above, or things I didn't fully understand.
 I am not yet sure that the best thing to do is to change (once and for all)
the way my browsers identify themselves.
I conclude that if neither Konq nor Firefox work I can try that trick.

Dotan said:
(snip)
> http://validator.w3.org/
I appreciate that you are fighting for a cause (or many), and offered your
help for solving cases.
In spite of my laziness I will try to join you on this cause.
Unless I am overburdened by the other causes I am also fighting for, or by
trivial things, I will try to keep an eye on non compiant sites and see if I
can act, with or without your help.

Flagging your mails as important and saving them in a "non volatile" folder.

Greetings		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #100: IRQ dropout