Feeling like a 2nd class citizen

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 02:22:58 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 8:11 PM, David McGlone <d.mcglone at att.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 November 2007 6:48:19 pm Graham wrote:
> > You might like to look at Opera....
>
> What's so great about it?

The great Fravia+ prefers Opera.  This is from one of his (older)
pages on the subject of choosing a browser (it is mainly about the
harms of IE):
http://www.searchlores.org/tuttiope.htm
------ Fravia says:
I think that Opera is the best browser out there, and that the only
possible alternative would be Firefox. But in order to have Firefox
work almost as well as Opera, you will have to work heavily on its
configuration. And Opera is still quicker, hence "the best".
This said, the point with a browser is to understand that "best" is
relative: BEST FOR WHAT?

Best for a old PC with limited memory?
Best for your Ipaq or Palm?
Best for handicapped users?
Best for searching?
Best for security?
Best without a mouse?
Best for anonimity?

The whole page is really more focused on the dangers of IE.  Having
used Opera before (on a comp with 64 MB of RAM and a 200 MHz
processor), I can say that it worked well and was a very fast browser
(after about 30 seconds for it to open).  But I guess browser
preference just comes down to what you are used to; are you really
going to switch browsers just because Opera is a little faster than
Firefox at loading pages (which I _think_ is still factual)?
Some people just like Opera (fravia+).  Some people like Firefox (me).
 Some people like Konqi (Derek).  Some people like IE (naive).  Some
people even like lynx (no idea who).

Andrew
--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2