FF Bookmarks Gone?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:42:57 UTC 2007

John Dangler wrote:
> Running Gutsy on a Dell 810.
> This morning I opened FF to discover there are no bookmarks.  I've
> collected about 60 since loading Gutsy.  Anyone seen this behavior with
> the recent updates or otherwise?

Ever since about one week I dealt with a similar problem. Probably I
managed to solve it. In my case,  it had  to do with problems related to
the add-on 'Foxmarks', software meant to synchronise the bookmarks of
Firefox running on two or more computers.

Step 1.
I started Firefox and I found the vanished bookmarks elsewhere under the
menu  'bookmarks'. Because of some bug in Foxmark, the 'personal
toolbar' had been shifted from the toolbar to another place that I found
via the 'bookmarks' menu, under the name 'personal toolbar'. There you
will might back all the 'lost' bookmarks, as I did.

Step 2.
Last Friday, an update of 'Foxmarks' had been issued. However, one day
later, it had been withdrawn because of several technical problems. What
I did:
UNinstall Foxmarks 2.0 via TOOLS>add-ons>extensions
than INSTALL the previous version, 1.01.

Ever since I re-installed Foxmark 1.01 I everything runs smoothly again.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas.

--
Viaconsensus