Email Client

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 08:26:31 UTC 2007

On 15/11/2007, Tipton, Timothy <Timothy.Tipton at pxd.com> wrote:
> > Kontact (KMail is hidden inside it).
>
> Ahhhhhhhhh - I was unaware of this; I _know_ I have Kontact, just didn't
> know Kmail was inside.
>
> Thank you very much, I'll check it out.
>
> Also, in the same spirit of email -> is Kmail a good/nice alternative to
> say... Thunderbird or Evolution? What are your thoughts about it?
>
> Thanks!
> Tim

Kmail is one of the better email programs available today. It's
keyboard shortcuts are much better than Thunderbirds. It is also much
faster and on KDE system less resource intensive. The only problem
that I have with Kmail is the BogoFilter (or similar name) spam filter
takes a very long time to run. I get over 2000 spam messages per day,
so this is critical to me. If you get in the neighborhood of 100 or
less spams per day, I doubt that this would be an issue. I really
should file a bug report.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il