Email Client

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Nov 17 18:09:50 UTC 2007

Donn wrote:

>> > Tbird does this without blinking. I think kmail will eventually mature
>> > and be able to do this but for now.
>> Don't hold your breath.  I haven't seen any indication that the
>> developers see this as any kind of necessity.
>
> I don't mind much. I see my reply emails as a kind of lesson to those who
> send me HTML mail. OTOH, that kind of sender is usually not savvy enough
> to even realize what they are doing...

But there really are times that you want/need HTML mail.  Anyone who sends
it to a listserv should be flogged, but once per year I have to use
_anything_ else to send my annual summer picnic invitation.  It's an
invitation - you want a little ornamentation, and while kmail supposedly
has an HTML format, it's useless...
--
derek