what´s taking up all this space on my hdd?

anthony baldwin anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 00:32:09 GMT 2007

anthony baldwin wrote:

> [...]
hijacking my own thread from the ubu list, and moving it over to the
kubu list,
in the hope that someone over here may have an idea what´s up...
Qparted tells me that I have a 137.73 gb partition with 34.92gb used,
but only 8.44 gb free,
while Kwikdisk and Kdiskfree say I have only a 43.3 gb partition, with
34.92 gb
used and 8.44 gb free (at least the math makes sense there)...
I´d like to know why Kwikdisk and Kdiskfree aren´t seeing the rest of
the partition,
and/or what kind of math Qparted is doing (137 - 34 = 8 ?!).
I made the partition with gparted from the feisty livecd.
Somewhere there are c. 100 gb that aren´t appearing.
I figure there must be something screwy going in the hdd, but I haven´t
a clue what.
I e2fscked the partition, and that made no difference.  I still get the
same weird
information from these programs.

/tony

--