Cannot watch web videos in Mozilla 2.0.0.8

Jonathan Kaye jdkaye10 at yahoo.es
Fri Nov 16 08:44:24 UTC 2007

john d. herron wrote:

> Running Kubuntu 7.04 on an i586 box with 512 MB RAM.
> Have Firefox 2.0.0.8 with flash_player_9_linux from Adobe site installed.
> If I try to watch a video clip anywhere (CNN, YouTube, ...), I get this
> message:
> "The video timed out attempting to play.
> Please ensure that you do not have any Flash Blocking plugins active."
>
> What should I do to correct the situation?
> Any help will be thankfully appreciated
> jdh
> _________________
> kubuntu 7.04 on
> i586 w/ 512 MB
Hi John,
I'm having no problems with flash videos on FFx 2.0.0.9 and the flashplayer9
plugin. Can you try typing
about:plugins
in the FFx navigation bar and let us know what the shockwave flash entry
says? It should look something like this:
Shockwave Flash

    File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r64

MIME Type       Description     Suffixes        Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash   Shockwave Flash         swf     Yes
application/futuresplash        FutureSplash Player     spl     Yes
Cheers,
Jonathan
Please do not send me copies of list mail. I read the lists. Thanks!