Blocking updates of Kernel

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Sat Nov 10 16:49:02 UTC 2007

Mike Leone wrote the following on 10.11.2007 15:42

>>> How do I prevent kernel from updating, during updates ?
>>>
>> Why want someone to block security related fixes to apply to the system?
>
> Because the updates could break other patches you have applied to your
> system, perhaps.

i think someone else is breaking your system when you do not apply the
patches provided via *-security.
Remember, at last with the announce as USN they are widely known.

imho in that case there is no way around to apply your personal patches again
(against the "newly" released linux-source package from the USN)

bye
--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09