Newby

Scott slewin at bmts.com
Thu Nov 8 16:36:09 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Ted Frater wrote:
>
>> Derek Broughton wrote:

>>> Should Not! :-)  (Can you tell I don't like Firefox?)
>>>

>> Ok I can accept that
>>  buy why?
>
> It's sloooooooowwwwwww (at least to start).
That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overstated :),
especially when comparing Konqueror and Firefox.  The difference in
speed between Firefox and Konqueror in startup speed is very little, I
counted only a 3 second difference on my laptop.  The speed of the
program itself, after start, is unnoticeable; at least on a modern
machine.  The speed between the two can't be that much anyhow, is
Konqueror not based on Firefox?

>>  And what do you like? as a browser?
>
> I love Konqueror for file & web browsing.  I _want_ both together, and I
> want them integrated with kio slaves.  Firefox (or opera) fails on both
> counts.
I like Konqueror(I love Konqueror as a file browser), but it can't
compare to Firefox as a web browser.  It does not have the same number
of browser features (Konqueror is a file browser first and foremost, not
a browser) and with Firefox's hundreds of add-ons Firefox can be made to
do almost anything you want.

>>  Tho not as simple as Netscape 3,
>
> LOL.  I'm a geek-dinosaur, but I'm not sure even I used Netscape 3.
I used Netscape up until the release of Firefox .8, I can't remember the
first Netscape I used, but it would be very old as that was over 10
years ago.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 7.10