Ubuntu Studio 7.10 - Installed KDE-DESKTOP

Matt Henry mhenry35 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 16:51:05 UTC 2007

Okay, I got an answer on the forum that worked.  The default session is automatically the last session you logged in under, which was Gnome for me.

On the logon screen, I just selected KDE and now I'm up under KDE.  Now I can explore and see how things work.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Andrew Jarrett <jarrett.andrew at gmail.com> wrote: On Nov 3, 2007 12:04 PM, Donn  wrote:
> Boy, overall, reading the various posts, Gutsy KDE sounds really broken. I
> wonder if this is an upgrade thing only?
>

> /d

Yeah, it does sound really broken, but you need to remember that this
is a mailing list where people ask about their *problems*.  Keep that
in mind and remember all the people *not* having problems with KDE.
That said, I am also experiencing problems with KDE ;).

As for the OP, there should be an option on the KDE logon screen to
choose which desktop to run.  I am not sure if it is still there
because the logon screen has changed with Gutsy.  If it isn't, try
googling "kdm default desktop gutsy" or something similar.

HTH,
Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2

http://mail.yahoo.com