Debian package files open in Kate

Adrienne J Davis dreadgeek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 01:32:06 UTC 2007

Hey folks:

When I attempt to download a .deb file, it ends up opening in Kate.  This isn't, of course, what I want it to do. In trying to fix this, I ended up deleting my  x-deb definition in Konqueror out of frustration, thinking that it would default to 'ask to save' but that didn't work.  So, if one of you would be so kind as to look in Konqueror and tell me  what the definition for .deb is supposed to be so that it behaves right, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Cheers
Aj

--

Aj Davis -- Dreadlocked science geek

http://dreadgeek.blogspot.com

"All tribal myths are true.  For a given value of true."
(Terry Pratchett -- The Last Continent)