mdadm help

Andrew Syrewicze asyrewicze at
Wed May 9 01:23:10 BST 2007

I don't know if it's appropriate to ask this here. I have a server that i run
debian etch on. I figured ubuntu is debian based so why not???  i primarily
use debian for my server stuff and ubuntu for my desktop and laptop.

Anyway. I've got 2 80GB IDE drives that i'm going to swap on the secondary IDE
channel in place of my cdroms (don't need them). What are the mdadm commands
to create a RAID1 array with them and tell the system to bring that array up
at boot???

Thank you in advance.