Realplayer in firefox is quite slow.

manchicken manchicken at notsosoft.net
Tue May 8 15:40:45 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 17:30:21 newburghmark at aol.com wrote:
> I'm guessing that they are the same.  I think, I'm not sure, but I
> think that the Firefox plug in is really so that Firefox knows where to
> look for Real Player.  The plug in won't run anything, but it will look
> like it opened Real Player even if you uninstall real player, because
> it has the gui interface of Real Player for Firefox in the plug in.
>
> I'm a little less than sure about what I am saying, but I think that
> this relates to their being no registry in Linux.  Because Firefox has
> no central place to look for a plug in, it has to know where to look on
> it's own.  ( I am guessing a little here.)
>
> Hopefully, someone who is more of an expert about this than I am will
> comment.  I only followed up because you seem to be actively
> configuring Real Player at the moment, and the experts might be off line
>
> Robert Mark Wallace
> Tita P Wallace
> Regina E P Wallace
> R M Ceferino P Wallace
> 60 Delaware Road
> Newburgh, NY 12550-3802
> Telephone: (845) 566-0586
>
> Why run an old edition of Windows when you can run the latest edition
> of Linux for free?  For a free download, go to WWW.Kubuntu.com

Realplayer settings are unique to realplayer.  The browser plugin reads from
the RealPlayer settings last I checked.  I've never had luck with RealPlayer.
It's a generally crappy program that I find best to avoid when possible.  If
it's not possible, you my want to look at realplayer's support forums and
such.

--
~ manchicken <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.