Q: panel configuration

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:35:42 UTC 2007

Macario Valle said the following at 03/17/2007 08:37 PM :
> My bad, I misunderstood you.  Here is how to get around to that:
> 1. right click on the panel and choose "Add Applet to panel", add quick
> Launcher
> 2. got to a terminal and restart kicker:
>     dcop kicker kicker restart
> 3. right click on the quick launcher area and select "Configure
> QuickLauncher"
> 4. Change "Icon Size from Automatic to your desired size.

Thank you very much. Excellent! That did the job.

> Long way around, but that is the only way I have found.  The other
> option: Appeareance->Icons->advanced-> panel seems to not have been
> implemented so far, i have 3.5.6.

The really weird thing is that even if one edits the configuration file
manually to change the icon size from 32 to 16, and then restarts KDE, it
has no effect. So it looks like the value "32" is currently hard-coded in
KDE somewhere, and KDE doesn't actually bother to read the value from the
configuration file yet. (KDE 3.5.5)