Milestone Achieved

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Sat Jun 16 21:43:03 UTC 2007

Larry Hartman wrote:
> I think I stumbled across something like this before....didn't pay it much
> mind as I didn't want to reload my entire machine.....and I wanted to learn
> the configuration manually.

Right.  That makes sense.  I just wanted to make sure you knew.

> But that you bring this up....when you install the kubuntu-desktop for gui
> interface, are you able to use all of the desktop repositories and load all
> of the apps, including restricted?

Yes.  All the versions (for a given CPU type) use the same repositories.

> My understanding of the server edition is that it is scaled back in all
> of the client-type desktop apps to conserve  system resources.

Right.  By default, the server edition has a different kernel and no GUI
whatsoever.  This can be changed after installation of the server if you
want.

Matthew Flaschen