Milestone Achieved

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 16 21:34:39 UTC 2007

On Saturday 16 June 2007 03:56:23 pm Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Larry Hartman wrote:
> > 99% of the time users post a question asking for help (mine tend to be a
> > bit obscure, I'll admit)--however, today, I am sharing a major linux
> > accomplishment for me.
> >
> > Last night I was able to conquer setting up a
> > Linux/Apache2/PHP5/MySQL5/MediaWIKI webserver on my laptop.
>
> Congratulations.  In case you didn't know,  Ubuntu has an automatic LAMP
> (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL) installer.  See
> http://onlyubuntu.blogspot.com/2007/05/ubuntu-704-feisty-fawn-lamp-server.h
>tml
>
> Matthew Flaschen

I think I stumbled across something like this before....didn't pay it much
mind as I didn't want to reload my entire machine.....and I wanted to learn
the configuration manually.

But that you bring this up....when you install the kubuntu-desktop for gui
interface, are you able to use all of the desktop repositories and load all
of the apps, including restricted?  My understanding of the server edition is
that it is scaled back in all of the client-type desktop apps to conserve
system resources.  Maybe one day when I have more toys to play with I can set
up a proper server box.

Oh, BTW, thanx for web address...I RSS'd it, seemed pretty useful.