python-uno

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Sat Jul 21 19:04:07 BST 2007

Has anyone else had trouble with this file? I updated open office
recently and now I have a problem. Python-uno is marked as broken. It
seems to be something new to do with using python with OO. I have no
wish to do that but I can't remove the broken file. If I try to do so I
find that writer is removed too. If I reinstall writer I get the broken
file back again.

Here is the output from apt-get check

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  python-uno: Depends: openoffice.org-core (= 2.0.4-0ubuntu5) but
2.0.4-0ubuntu6 is installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

I have tried using apt-get -f but to no avail.

Should I try to downgrade openoffice.org-core? It seems silly to do
that for a program which I don't want.

Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this $%^%$££" file without
losing writer.

Meanwhile I have other updates waiting which I can't install because of
this stupid file.

Thanks

Neil Winchurst